Sleepwalking my way through life: Almost Sleepwalking

Almost Sleepwalking

This post is brought to you in the early hours of the morning after my allnighter when the Blogger server is down, meaning that I was not able to post a blog about the events of the previous night/earlier that morning. Which fucking sucked.
Please excuse the bad writing. I was in a less than coherent state at the time.

Why the fuck isn’t blogger working?!?!

It is half past seven in the morning; I have a story to tell, and time to tell it in, and Blogger is down? Fucking kidding me! It is just bad timing I’m telling you.

I found myself propped up in my bed when I woke up this morning, my back resting against the head board and my legs stretching out in front of me as if I had been shot and had slumped down a wall. I opened my dark eyes to see the Lapdancer still resting on my legs, its warmth almost burning my thighs and its screen shining my essay diligently into my eyes. My alarm clock is proudly announcing that it’s twenty past seven in the morning, a full twenty minutes after I fell asleep.

It had been a hell of a night. I had sat down in front of my Lapdancer as soon as I arrived home from work. My fingers paced themselves as they typed out words or analytical goodness, a smirk on my face as I realised how easy this was going to be. A thousand or so words, a bit of rearranging and I’d be done.

Four hours later and I had barely made any headway. I put down the phone after a two hour conversation with Marie (to her mobile. I’m looking forward to the phone bill) and stared at the computer screen, trying my best to remember what I was going to write next. I then spent a further hour and a half staring at the screen, mindlessly hypnotised by the virus scan.

At round about three in the morning I opened my curtain a crack, just enough so the sky could peek out. I would occasionally glance up as I laboriously continued with my essay, watching the sky gradually turn from black to a deep blue, to a lighter blue, and finally to the wondrous grey of clouds. At seven I sat back with a sigh, if it wasn’t finished by now, then it wouldn’t be finished. I’d have to hand it in on the Monday.

And there I fell asleep, my head lolled against my headboard. Twenty minutes of peace.

When I woke I looked over to my bedside table, past the eleven empty mugs, and turned off my alarm. In my bleary half-asleep state I thought it would be funny if I got a new mug for every cup of coffee I drank. It was less funny than I imagined.

And so I sit here now, typing this for some reason or another, ready to head off to school at any moment and buy some caffeine pills. I wonder what the rest of the day will be like.

I’m going to get another cup of coffee first.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »


At 10:39 am, Anonymous Kiwiqueen said...

If it was Friday at the time of writing that, won't you still have two days to complete essays, etc? And what happened to the Monday Bank Holiday. :-( awww.

Anyway, I was right about the coffee. :P

At 10:51 am, Anonymous Joe said...

This was written last Friday. My teacher told me to hand in the 'completed' version for the Friday so he could get it back to me and I could correct it over the weekend. I gave it to him on the Friday and changed it over the weekend before handing it in on the Monday all nice and completed. But that's another story.

To be honest, I'm not sure if that made any sense at all.


At 5:16 pm, Anonymous Kiwiqueen said...

Just about :-D


Post a Comment